Sunday 16 February 2014

Review // Vichy Laboratoires // Skincare

As someone who has sensitive skin I have to be pretty careful with the products I use on my face but this does not stop my quest for beautiful skin. I have tried it all, from No7 to Estée Lauder but nothing ever seemed to a) not irritate my skin or b) leave my skin feeling calm and fully moisturised - Enter Vichy, my skincare holy-grail brand!

PURETE THERMALE 3-IN-1 ONE STEP CLEANSER, RRP £11.00 (200ml tube)


This is a cleansing milk, toner and eye make-up remover all in one. When I spotted this product in Boots I thought it was too good to be true; one product to do three things, I brought it but didn't have much hope of it doing the three things it promised to do or doing them well for that matter. I couldn't have been more wrong (and for once I am happy to admit that!) It has a milk/gel like consistency and leaves the skin feeling fresh and soft.

I use this on a cotton pad and apply it all over my face, it is suitable for sensitive eyes and also for contact lens wearers which makes the product so convenient. Unlike the Liz Earle Clense and Polish, which although I do love is a bit of a hassle and can get a little messy, this Vichy product is so easy to use and calming on the skin. I used to suffer from a lot of redness and blemishes across my cheeks but since using this product it has really helped with both these areas.

NUTRILOGIE 2, RRP £14.50 (50ml tub)


When I purchased this product, my skin was in absolute crisis; I had recently had yet another allergic reaction and my skin was suffering from the after effects of this. After buying and loving the Purete Thermale One Step Cleanser, when I went to Boots I immediately headed over the the Vichy stand. I found and purchased the product that said it was for very dry skin, praying that it would bring my skin back to life. After one use it had calmed my skin and left my face feeling thoroughly moisterised. The cream is quite thick and feels very luxurious after it's been applied, it is enriched with plant oils, shea butter and beeswax leaves; it does have a slight scent to it but is nothing overpowering or off-putting.

I recently ran out of this product and didn't have time to go to Boots so used a different moisturiser for a few weeks, I noticed a huge difference in my skin after not using the Vichy one so quickly headed out to the shops to get my mitts on it once more before my skin was in crisis once more.



Both of these products have far exceeded my expectation and would be fantastic for anyone suffering with dry skin over the Winter months. There are so many other products in the Vichy range that I can't wait to try out.

What skincare items are your holy grail products? Have you tried any products from the Vichy range?

Emily xx

2 comments:

  1. Awesome post! I seriously want to try the 3 in 1! I think I'll look a bit further into it! Thanks for posting these products and giving your opinion on them! Thanks for sharing the wealth! haha
    xo T
    www.prettylovelygirls.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is my favourite cleaners for lazy days :) and in the mornings

    Jorden xx http://fourbluemondays.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete